Steve Lipin Launches Gladstone Place Partners
- Strategic communications advisory firm to serve clients in the U.S. and across the globe
- Highly focused firm specializing in financial communications, corporate reputation and strategic positioning, issues management, and corporate governance communications
October 10, 2017. Steven Lipin today announced the establishment of Gladstone Place Partners, a strategic and financial communications firm serving clients in the U.S. and across the globe. (www.gladstoneplace.com)
Based in New York City, Gladstone Place Partners will assist corporate boards, CEOs, chief communications officers and members of the C-suite in managing the complexity and fast-paced nature of today’s communications environment, with a strong focus on sound independent advice and best-in-class execution. Gladstone Place Partners will combine expertise in business, finance, media, and corporate communications with a backbone in social and digital media.
The firm will be highly focused on four core practices, advising clients on:
- Financial Communications: Planning for and executing communications strategies for mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, spinoffs, investor communications and significant disclosures, and helping clients manage the challenges of shareholder activism.
- Corporate Reputation and Strategic Positioning: Helping companies own and manage their long-term reputation, assisting them as they refine their narrative, and advancing their corporate priorities through investor relations programs, stakeholder communications, media programs and thought leadership platforms.
- Issues Management: Advising clients as they manage a significant crisis or cyber security issue and as they communicate through delicate litigation situations; working with companies to anticipate potential issues before they arise.
- Corporate Governance Communications: Working with c-suites and boards as they manage corporate governance-related communications, including succession planning, board and executive positioning, and proxy and compensation disclosures.
Steven Lipin will lead Gladstone Place Partners, serving as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Lipin founded Gladstone Place Partners after 16 years as Brunswick Group’s U.S. Senior Partner. Prior to joining Brunswick in 2001, Mr. Lipin had a 17-year career in business journalism, including 10 years at The Wall Street Journal where he was the lead M&A reporter and finance editor.
Mr. Lipin said: “Look no further than our phones, tablets and newspapers: as the communications needs of companies evolve, so do the requirements of a top-tier firm. The demands faced by companies today are unprecedented, stemming from a hyper-connected social media environment, increased competition for talent and capital, and pressures from regulators, critics and others.”
“We are hitting the ground running, ready to serve clients in critical communications matters at the nexus of the corporate world, financial markets and media.”
Gladstone Place Partners starts as a firm with top business leaders, communications professionals from leading firms, former senior journalists, and finance professionals who will bring deep expertise to clients and their issues.
- Ambassador Louis Susman, senior advisor, is a former U.S. Ambassador to the United Kingdom. A senior statesman in the world of business and finance, with decades of experience in law, finance and government, Mr. Susman is a former Vice Chairman at Citi Investment Bank, and serves on the Board of Trustees of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.
- Lauren Odell, partner and chief operating officer of Gladstone Place Partners, has nine years of experience in financial communications and investor relations at Brunswick Group. Ms. Odell started her career at J.P. Morgan.
Senior Vice Presidents
- Danielle Belopotosky has 17 years of experience as an editor, reporter and producer who has been at the forefront of digital media. Ms. Belopotosky brings social media and digital savvy to Gladstone Place Partners from her experience working for the digital The New York Times on the business desk and in Asia.
- Vanessa Esparza is a member of Gladstone Place Partners’ management team, and has six years of experience at Brunswick Group. Ms. Esparza leads the firm’s talent management and development initiatives and closely supports its strategic growth priorities.
- Michael Flaherty is a seasoned business journalist who most recently led Reuters’ activist shareholder and corporate governance coverage out of New York. In his 14 years at Reuters, Mr. Flaherty also covered the Federal Reserve, and ran Reuters’ Asia financial news desk out of Hong Kong.
- Felipe Ucrós is a 2017 graduate from Columbia Business School who has seven years of experience working on high profile M&A and crisis situations at Brunswick Group.
- Josh Clarkson has six years of experience advising clients on M&A, shareholder activism, debt restructurings, investor relations and corporate positioning. Prior to Gladstone Place he was an associate vice president at Prosek Partners.
- Max Dutcher has five years of strategic communication and financial analytic expertise. Most recently, Mr. Dutcher was a Director at FTI Consulting, and started his career at Deloitte.
- Ross Lovern joined Gladstone Place Partners after nearly six years at Kekst. Recognized by the New York Observer in 2016 as a “rising star in public relations.” Mr. Lovern worked on a number of high profile M&A and activist matters, with particular focus in the retail, financial services, entertainment, and industrials sectors.
- Victor Mallet joined Gladstone Place Partners from Finsbury in the U.K. and has several years of experience advising on large-cap private equity transactions, corporate M&A and litigation communications across Europe.
- Jamie Tracy is a CPA and has several years of experience in the accounting and finance profession. Ms. Tracy most recently was a financial analyst at a boutique entertainment firm, and began her career at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
“I’m incredibly proud of the strong team my colleagues and I have built at Gladstone Place – designed from the ground-up to be a partner of choice for companies as they weigh critical strategic priorities and navigate this environment,” said Mr. Lipin.
Gladstone Place Partners will be operating from its offices in midtown Manhattan and serve clients in the U.S. and around the world. For more information, visit www.gladstoneplace.com.
Source: Gladstone Place Partners
Contact: Felipe Ucrós